This set will involve a series of scenes based on an initial longer scene. By the end of this set the initial scene will have been explored in every fashion possible.
The deconstruction long form is the most strictly constructed of all the long forms structures. It is simplest to lay it out step by step.
- Two characters create an extended initial scene.
- These two characters remain constant.
- The scene is about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Two normal length thematic scenes that are informed by the initial scene (1). These two scenes involve new characters.
- The 2 characters from the initial scene (1) return and create a normal length scene that will focus their narrative on what occurred in scene (2)
- Five commentaries, or mini monologues. All of these commentaries are informed by narrative elements from the preceding scenes. New content can appear as long as the insight is garnered from the previous narrative lines.
- The 2 characters from the initial scene (1) return and create normal length scene extending scene (3) with information from previous scenes.
- The Run. This is a series of intense shorter and shorter scenes that flow into a continuous stream of ideas. These scenes are short, snappy, and once players can no longer go faster the run ends.
- The 2 characters from the initial scene (1) return and sort out the main narrative element that was focused on in scenes (1) , (3) and (5).
In reading the lay out of this long form structure it appears that the odd numbered scenes (1), (3), (5), (7) involve 2 characters building a narrative between each other. While the even numbered elements (2), (4), and (6) involve the deconstruction of the ongoing 2 character narrative through wilder and wilder explorations.
This structure is extremely focused and represents an arbitrary set of house rules. One may feel that performing this structure can only result in it being done wrong. Which in turn leads to slavish followers of the form appearing and murdering you in your sleep.